The incumbent reports directly to the Building Engineer Supervisor in the Facility Management office. The position holder is employed as an Electrical Technician to accomplish skilled maintenance and repair work at the journeyman electrician level, to International Building Code standards, throughout all facilities on the Embassy Compound to include office buildings, grounds, out buildings, ancillary structures, and residential owned/leased properties.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience journey-level experience in the repair and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems, power generation and electrical distribution systems, grounding, and control circuitry. This should include a minimum of two (2) years work experience on similar sized equipment configurations and systems with an increased level of complex work requirements.
- The incumbent must know how to install circuits and electrical apparatuses, diagnose electrical problems in circuitry, make repairs that meet or exceed the standards of the IBC, and what constitutes proper preventive maintenance. Must know how to use diagnostic equipment and be able to analyze readings to determine what and where the electrical problem is located. Must know how to use safety equipment when working near energized equipment and parts. Must know how to read and interpret construction and as-built drawings, schematics, manufacturers shop drawings, and performance curve charts and graphs. Must have a thorough knowledge of ohms law and how to apply its formulas to circuit analysis.
- Must have a very good technical understanding of major building electrical systems, switchgear, panelboards, lighting and power outlets, equipment, and control wiring. Knowledge of reading technical documents, interpreting maintenance plans and technical literature is required and highly emphasized. General computer literacy is required in multiple applications (MS Office).
- Mandatory: Completion of secondary school is required. Completion of vocational training program from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with specialization in the Electrical field is required. The Incumbent will have completed courses of study covering the principles of AC and DC circuitry, power distribution, control wiring, circuit ampacity and safe wiring practices for office and residential buildings, use of diagnostic equipment and electrical meters, and commercial wiring standards including power generation and distribution.
- Limited Knowledge (Written/Speaking/Reading) in English is required in order understand verbal requests, read some technical material, and prepare simple reports. This may be tested.
- Good knowledge (Written/Speaking/Reading) in Lithuanian is required. In order to communicate with local contractors and other LE Staff.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The incumbent shall have superior skills and abilities in the following areas: diagnosing and repairing electrical power generating and distribution systems, lighting and power branch circuit systems and components, and taking equipment readings with various meters. Must be skilled and comfortable using hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools to determine appropriate repairs. Must be able to use tools of the trade in order to install, troubleshoot and repair building electrical systems, and work with the mechanical technicians when repairs or replacement of control circuits, wiring, and associated devices needs to be performed. Must have substantial skill in comprehending engineering reports, specifications, and related materials in English. Must have an analytical mind to take cause and affect problems and diagnose the root cause creating the deficiency in the operating system or equipment. Additional abilities include responding to emergency situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs; work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments; communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, contractors and vendors, the supervising engineer, the FM, and upper management providing pertinent information and technical jargon and translating it into laymen terminology. A driver’s license is required. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks. Must be organized.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Ką įmonė siūlo
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (Vilnius, Lithuania) will receive a compensation package that includes health insurance, meal allowance and 8 extra days-off during USA holidays.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vilnius may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
For more information please click Siųsti CV / Apply now button to proceed.