The incumbent reports to the Supervisory Building Engineer. The incumbent is employed as a journeyman level Electrical Controls Technician to carry out skilled maintenance and repair work throughout the New Embassy Compound on critical and non-critical electrical components within the functional/office buildings, on-compound ancillary support and residential buildings, above and below ground infrastructures, recreational facilities, and other owned/leased properties.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working at the journey-level in the installation, repair, and maintenance of commercial building electrical systems including power generation and distribution systems, grounding, and digital building controls and automated systems. Work experience must show a progression of increased responsibility, and the ability to repair complex equipment, components, and systems.
- The three (3) years’ experience should include a minimum of two (2) years work experience operating and maintaining 3 phase electrical equipment with ampere ratings of 1600 Amps or higher. Must have a career path that demonstrates increased levels of responsibility working on complex equipment, control circuits, and building automation systems.
Skills and abilities:
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Completion of secondary school is required and/or successful completion of specialized vocational training program from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level electricians and mechanical system specialist trained in the maintenance of commercial or industrial buildings/facilities is required. A portion of the training must be in Electrical Controls and Automated Systems Technology.
- Post may choose to add the phrase “This may be tested” after a language, skill, and/or ability. Review the VA template for specific information.
- Good working knowledge of English (Writing/Speaking/Reading) is required. In order to translate local technical information, contract documents, and correspondences from the local language into English for the Supervisory Building Engineer and the Facility Manager. Good working knowledge of Lithuanian (Writing/Speaking/Reading is required). In order to communicate with local contractors and other LE Staff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Ką įmonė siūlo
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (Vilnius, Lithuania) will receive a compensation package that includes health insurance, meal allowance and 10 extra days-off during USA holidays.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
For more information please click Siųsti CV / Apply now button to proceed.